Marks and Spencers' Plan A
As we reported back in January, Marks & Spencer decided to go public about going green with their great Plan A. Because there is no Plan B.
Spotted in an M&S store window in Scotland M&S's Plan A statement says simply:
100 things to change.
And their five comittments are:
- Climate Change
- Sustainable Raw Materials
- Fair Partner
And just to elaborate on each of these:
- Climate Change - To make UK and Irish M&S operations carbon neutral in 5 years.
- Waste - By 2012, no M&S clothing or packaging to end up as landfill.
- Sustainable Raw Materials - Making sure M&S raw materials come from the most sustainable sources available.
- Fair Partner - M&S aim to be a fair partner to improve the lives of all in the supply chain.
- Health - M&S want to help their customers & employees to choose a healthier lifestyle.
Now, let's see if any other retailer is bold enough to genuinely jump on the green bandwagon and do something about this mess we're cruising toward before it's too late.