Why Working From Home is Going Green
The home-based business, or just working from home, is the green and environmentally-friendly option that many businesses these days can take.
By working from home you can leverage the following advantages:
- Avoiding the daily commute not only removes the stresses of driving and being stuck in traffic, but means:
- less cars on the roads
- less fossil fuel being consumed
- less pollution - less noise pollution, less CO2 output and cleaner air.
- Workers have complete control over their own environments:
- they can have the light on if needs be and if they do they can choose to use energy-efficient bulbs.
- Computers and lights can be switched off at the end of the day unlike many offices where lights and PCs stay on over night.
- Many businesses still do not have recycling policies - at home you can choose to recycle your own paper by using both sides before eventually putting it in the "blue bin" or shred your own paper for the composter.
- You can choose environmentally-friendly stationery such as re-cycled paper, re-filled printer cartridges.
Working from home is not for everyone: there are many considerations to be taken into account, but the green bonuses are clear.